Thursday, August 30, 2012

Author Interview With Rose Pressey

Rose Pressey, author of such books as 'Rock and Roll is Undead' and 'How to Date a Werewolf', is a light paranormal romance author. That means her books have all the romance, but are acceptable for your teenage daughter. A native of Kentucky, her home and it's charm tends to find it's way into her books.

Rose's Mystic Cafe series happens to be my favorite. A young woman takes over her grandmother's restaurant. A magical mishap brings two men into her life. One only thinks he loves her. The other, well he may just take away her magic forever. Throw in one crazy ex-girlfriend and you have one heck of a ride!

I haven't had time to read her last two releases since I'm writing my own book, but once I'm done, I'm heading to the Rose Pressey section of Amazon to catch up on my reading. If you like books by HP Mallory or Amanda Hocking, Rose's books are right up your alley.

Like the other authors I've interviewed, Rose is a self-published indie writer. Through tireless self-marketing, she has made her niche in the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genre.

Self-published (indie) authors do not have any support except what you give them. Your reviews, purchases, and word of mouth is what makes an indie author successful. Please, when you read a book, go to Amazon and Barnes & Noble and leave them reviews. The more reviews, the better authors get listed.

You can find all of Rose Pressey's book at Amazon and Barnes&Noble

And now, a quick ten questions with the wonderful Rose Pressey:


Why paranormal romance/fantasy?

I’ve always been interested in the paranormal and I guess I’m a romantic at heart. Putting the two genres together seemed like the perfect combination. I love mystery too. My books have mystery also.



How do you feel about being mostly an indie author?

I love being an indie author. If I have an idea for a book, I can write it and publish it. There’s nothing to hold me back. I do have an agent and I’m pursuing traditional publishing. I’ll always indie publish, but I’ve always wanted to be traditionally published as well. Doing both would be perfect.



Who are you reading right now?

I’m reading In a Witch’s Wardrobe by Juliet Blackwell. I have to squeeze in reading time when I get the chance.



Who is your favorite character/series of your books?

I absolutely love the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper.



What has you excited right now?

I’m excited for fall and Halloween coming up. Plus, I’m working on a writing project that I’m excited about, but it’s super secret. Sorry for being a tease.



Give us a typical day in the life of Rose Pressey.

I’m up early with my Chihuahuas. I eat breakfast while answering emails, marketing, etc. I usually eat lunch while working too, but sometimes I take a break and go outside to enjoy nature. I spend the rest of the afternoon writing. I write 2,000 words a day every day.



If you weren't an author you'd probably be....

Well, I wanted to be an actress when I was young, but now, I’d probably try something else creative. Painting, crafting, decorating… anything that allowed me to be creative.


If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I love Kentucky. It’s my home and I can’t imagine being anywhere else. I do love the beach though. I’d love to have a beach house and split my time between the beach and Kentucky. A girl can dream, right?


How long have you been writing for?

I’ve been writing seriously for five years. I’ve dabbled in projects for the past twenty years though.



Is there a new series/release you're working on and would like to tell us about?

How to Date a Demon will be out in a couple weeks. That’s the third book in the Rylie Cruz series.


You can find out more information about Rose Pressey and her books at http://www.rosepressey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment